Transition to Teach is a new , innovative programme offering support and guidance to anyone who has already had a career and who may now be interested in using their skills, knowledge and life experience to become a teacher.
They are not a training provider but offer a free wrap around service, in addition to your training to help you at every stage of your journey from initial exploration and application, through training and qualification and into your first year of teaching as a career.
Check their website for more information and eligibility criteria transitiontoteach.co.uk
Participants will receive:
- Information and advice from professionals about what it is like to teach
- Details about eligibility and qualification criteria. We will also advise you of alternative routes, or how to fill any gaps if necessary
- Support with finding school experience if required
- Guidance in choosing the training route which is most suitable for your needs. They do not deliver the training directly but have established links with schools, Universities and Initial Teacher Training
- Continuous help and support throughout training and into your first year of teaching as often as you want it
- To become a qualified teacher in the UK, you must meet certain academic criteria set by the UK Government. UK NARIC offer a Statement of Comparability which will provide you with the information you need to establish whether or not you meet the academic criteria.
- If you are an EEA-qualified teacher you should contact the National College for teaching and Leadership.
Check their website for full information and eligibility criteria transitiontoteach.co.uk
For more information, please contact; Nicola Sterne, School Direct Administrator Email: [email protected]